Sunday, August 28, 2011

Archive: Box's Action Figure Review: Deadpool/Spider-Man

I haven't posted lately, I know. Expect more stuff sometime in the next week or so, and we're still working on Derek Fro (and potentially another member). In the meantime, I decided to post some older reviews of Marvel action figures that I did a while ago for... god knows why. Anyway, here's the first of these reviews.

1. Spider-Man and Deadpool
   Me and my Dad went to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine one night. It was pretty damn good, and afterwards we celebrated by buying the Comic Series Deadpool from the movie's toyline and the Marvel Universe Spider-Man.
   We'll start with Spidey. The figure I got seems to be a variant- the colors on his costume are darker, similar to the Spider-Man movies. I've seen the regular figure with the brighter colors, and they look a lot nicer. He seems small, but that's more because of his slim build and small head, which seems even more small than it is because of Spidey's rather long neck.
   The webslinger has seventeen points of articulation- ankles, two on each knee, hips, waist, torso, elbows, upper arms, shoulders, and neck. Oddly enough, his wrists do not move. He's a bit fragile, and one of his knees can bend inward a little more than should be possible, but overall, Spidey's posability is good. I don't really display my figures, I play with them, so as long as I can make him do a flying kick I'm happy. He has one accessory, a web strand which allegedly clips onto his wrist. It kind of sucks.
   Overall, If you're going to play with your action figures and you're a fan of the character, Spider-Man is a good figure, although I recommend getting either the brighter colored one or the new Symbiote Spider-Man figure. 7/10
  
   Next is Deadpool. I'm a big Deadpool fan, so while I wasn't thrilled by his lacklustre appearence in Wolverine, I am glad that his figure was released in his comic costume. The Merc with a Mouth makes a good figure. The paint job is a little iffy in places, particularly his legs, and there's some very small bits of flash, but overall, I have only two problems with him. One is his harness. It is not actually molded onto him, but is a seperate, non-removable piece. It slips around, and the sheaths on the back (for his katanas- more on them later) are rather bulky. The other is his leg joints. He's got this wierd ball-joint between his hip and his thigh, which is made in such a way that unless you rotate the ball, his legs can only move to the side. I believe this is a carry-over from the Iron Man toyline, but I'm not sure.
   Deadpool has eighteen points of articulation- ankles, two on each knee, two on each of the stupid ball-joint things, torso, wrists, elbow, shoulders,and neck. He comes with lots of accessories. Two katanas, a rather large sai, a pistol, and a machine gun. The guns are wonderful, they fit in his hands and have very good detailing. The others are good, but they wiggle around in Wade's grip a bit, because both his hands are molded for holding guns. The blades of the swords, as they often are at this scale, are flexible, and can easiliy get bent out of shape, so be careful.
   Overall, Deadpool is a good figure. He's a bit more suited to display because his stupid legs limit his movement, but he's very good at flying kicks. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment