Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thou Shalt Not Be Forgot Just Yet!


Hark! Ye few followers, if there be any of thee left, lose not your faith in we few noble writers of The Box Lounge!

So here's how it stands right now. Since our subtle beginning back in July of 2011 we have seen many posts from our beloved creator, Box, a few from the dear Derek Fro and but one post from I, PalinDrome. Unfortunately, however, The Box Lounge slipped in to this terrible state of  idleness after Box's last post nearly four months later to the day.

Please forgive our few writers as life has a funny way of getting in the way.

Since October here is what has been happening with the crew.

I for starters, went away to university nearly eight hours away. I lived that free and glorified life for four months until my (what some might have called inevitable) return home around Christmas. With that PalinDrome is back on the scene primed and ready to write again! Which is just what I did! .. unfortunately just not for The Box Lounge like I had hoped. Instead I was offered a writing position on a very popular local news blog called the CornerBrooker.com. This new position took up much of my time. With my free time I became a Student Member on the board of a community radio station, a DJ of my own show on that same station, became a member of a Gay-Straight Alliance, worked at two jobs and kept going to university at a campus much closer to home. These my dear readers, are sad reasons why I, PalinDrome, have failed to write for you until now.

Box, becoming engulfed by his new hobby of doing video reviews for YouTube, has since grown his extensive movie collection to a whole new level. He has been reviewing old, new, and very obscure films that he has obtained from thrift stores, flee markets and any other means he could find! Admittedly he should have been linking those videos to our beloved blog, however, as I've mentioned before, life gets in the way. Box continues to juggle school, his love of film, a very close family, a social life, and his unbreakable obligation to hold very important game nights with his best friends.

And lastly, Derek Fro. Like Box, a lover of film and comic books, Derek Fro also enjoys anime and a vast number of video games. His love of these genres have created an unquenchable thrust for knowledge in these categories! This alone keeps him rather busy, but aside from that Derek Fro also follows the treacherous road to grill mastery! Creating what some may call abominations to the culinary art form, he has crafted some of the most ground breaking forms of edible art that man kind dare not look directly at with fear of blindness from their beauty. Derek Fro also dabbles in some comic drawing and continues to go to school.

So that is were we are now you few followers of The Box Lounge, but we must ask, through tear filled eyes and quite sobbing, will you forgive us? Will you hold on just a little longer and give us one last chance to redeem ourselves?

I thought so. You guys rock!

Stay tuned for some new material from Box, Derek Fro, and me, PalinDrome!

No comments:

Post a Comment